OPEN JOB POSITION – CHEMIST
Chemical laboratory specialized in polymer synthesis seeking a Chemist / Laboratory Technician.
- To assist Senior Chemists in synthesis and chemical purification.
- The main duties of the prospective candidate will be:
- - monomer purification,
- - solvent distillation,
- - organic and polymer syntheses,
- - polymer purification by different methods (fractionation, column chromatography, etc.)
- In addition to the above, the candidate will be in charge for maintenance of laboratory facilities and equipments.
TYPE AND TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full time (40 hours/week)
- Start day: immediate
- Status: contract, with an ability to change to permanent position after 1 year.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemistry (completed).
- Specialization in synthetic organic chemistry is an asset.
Years of experience related to the job offer
- Industrial work experience is not required but lab experience is compulsory.
- Knowledge and experience in organic and polymer synthesis, methods of polymer characterization, chemical and polymer purification.
- Knowledge and experience in size exclusion chromatography (GPC/SEC), FT-IR, NMR, and data analysis.
Language spoken and written:
- Candidate must be fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Permanent resident of Canada or Canadian citizen.
- Responsible. Able to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy. Able to work overtime if needed.
- Self-motivated. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work as a team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your Résumé, Cover Letter, and Letter of Reference
to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the selected candidates will be contacted.